UK-SBA full membership is comprised Accredited and Affiliate members, depending on individual qualifications.
Accredited Full Members meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Professional behaviour analysis credential (BACB® credentialled BCBA-D, BCBA, or BCABA, or CABAS® certification), or
- A master’s or doctoral level degree in behaviour analysis
Associate Full Members meet one or more of the following criteria:
- BACB® Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) qualification
- BTEC in Positive Behaviour Support (Level 1, 2, or 3)
- A minimum of 3 years full-time work experience (or equivalent) engaged in teaching, researching or practising behaviour analysis. This option requires a letter of support from a current Accredited Full Member, as well as a letter providing specific details of the work experience from the employer.
Please see Application Form to view examples of eligible qualifications, training and experience. Applicants must upload evidence of qualifications (e.g., degree or course completion certificates, BACB-issued certificates). Equivalents will be considered with the aim of being as inclusive across all areas of Behaviour Analysis as possible.
Full members may stand for UK-SBA Board positions and have full voting rights. Full membership also entitles members to a discount on UK-SBA event registration, discounts on EABG and EABA conference registration, and access to members-only website areas.
Please note that a membership year is one calendar year from the date of joining. Membership implies an agreement to adhere to the BACB Guidelines for Responsible Conduct for Behavior Analysts.