The ABI-SIG aims to support and network clinicians and professionals who have an interest in or are working with people with Acquired Brain Injury using an Applied Behaviour Analytic approach to share and disseminate best practice.
- To collate and share current information sources in this area
- To highlight the use of Behaviour Analysis beyond traditional and well established applications
- To promote professional development and training opportunities through various avenues including workshops, conferences and other appropriate means
To provide opportunities for networking and sharing best practice
- The group wants to support discussion and sharing of best practice in this area, both online and in face to face meetings, initially focusing on current information available and gaps in research.
- This group also provides the opportunity for peer support, problem solving and sharing useful resources.
To promote training and professional development opportunities
- The group will support training and information events hosted by the UKSBA and contribute to its newsletter where appropriate.
- To review current literature and published information in relation to ABA and Acquired Brain injury and produce a bibliography that can be published on the UK-SBA website.
- To identify and recruit a network of clinicians/ABA practitioners in the U.K who are using an Applied Behaviour Analytic approach to working with people who have an Acquired Brain Injury.
For more information about the ABI SIG, please contact Laura Higgins via [email protected]